The Unit of Anaesthesia and Resuscitation at Oasi Institute evaluates and examines patients who have to undergo surgery.
Services are mainly provided for patients with intellectual disability and/or brain aging, and include:
- pre-surgery anaesthesiological evaluation with quantification of anesthetic risk;
- general anesthesia procedures, sedation and regional anesthesia in urology, dentistry, otolaryngology, general surgery and ophthalmology;
- anesthesia and/or sedation for diagnostic tests (MR and CT-scan);
- post-surgery pain treatment;
- analgesic therapy.
Dr. Giuseppina Di Fiore
|CONTACTS||Location||Domus Mariae building – Floor III (Elevator C)|
|Phone||+39 0935 936289|
The Unit of Anaesthesia and Resuscitation also collaborates with the multidisciplinary functional Unit of Odontostomatology for the treatment of dental diseases in children with intellectual disability. Services provided:
- conscious sedation (N2O)
- deep sedation
- oral healthcare education
- pedagogical treatment through educational techniques and multimedia devices.
- Giuseppina Di Fiore – Anesthetist
- Antonio Fallea – Dentist
- Rosa Zuccarello – Pedagogist